Tuesday, April 26, 2011

S'more Bars Recipe

There is a wonderful bakery near us that sells the best cookies and bars. Jack always picks out a S'more bar that is so good.
I came up with a similar recipe that I knew my family would love. We are huge S'more fans.
First, I made my own marshmallows. They are so much better than the ones you buy in the store!
I used Ina's Toasted Coconut Marshmallow recipe (minus the coconut) and they were so much fun to make.

After that, I melted one stick of butter in a 9x13 pan at 350.
Next, mix in (with a fork) about 1 and 1/2 cups of graham cracker crumbs, layer on top about 2 cups broken up Hershey's chocolate bars, stick back in the oven until chocolate melts.
Then, top with marshmallows and stick them under the broiler on low. Watch these very closely, in a few minutes you will have toasted marshmallows.
I melted more chocolate to put on the top.
I love these bars, but I can't wait to have the real thing!

12 comments:

QuiltedSimple said...

tyler was just saying he wanted some s'mores, but it's been raining cats and dogs here for 2 weeks....maybe i should surprise him one night this week.....thanks for a yummy looking recipe!

Morgan said...

Yum. I bet it would also be good with peanut butter cups instead of Hershey Bars!

PB cups are EXCELLENT in a s'more.

caknitter said...

oMG, it looks delicious!

ColorSlut said...

Killing me with the delicious recipes. I'm so making these this week!

Kate said...

Katie! I featured you on my blog today! Check it out.
www.barnofopportunity.blogspot.com

Darn you with recipes like this.

Jennifer Rubeck said...

Loved this recipe! Thanks for sharing.

Jennifer Rubeck said...

Loved this recipe! Thanks for sharing.

Jennifer Rubeck said...

Loved this recipe! Thanks for sharing.

Renee said...

yum!!

Jen said...

Thanks for sharing this recipe! It was a huge hit with my oldest son. He also loved the homemade marshmallows.

buy term paper said...

Oh, I know what will be f or desert today! S'more bars!

dissertation help uk said...

it's time to taste it!!! looking good, sure it's also so cool on a taste