Thursday, April 21, 2011

Girls

I brought home some new little girls the other day.
We are all so excited.
Well, almost all of us.
Dorothy,
and Blanche,
were not very impressed. Ahem.

And this sweet girl is taking a much needed rest.
That fox has been relentless. Our dog Eve, has either been sitting on the front porch, or right here by the front door keeping a watch over the chickens.
I am not kidding when I say she chased him (or her) away at least ten times yesterday, and three times today.
It makes her happy to have a job to do.

7 comments:

ELP said...

How sweat of your dog. I want her, what a honey to watch over the chicks. Love those chicks

Marsel said...

What a funny picture of your disgruntled hens! Chicks are so much fun...enjoy!

Larissa said...

our dog does the same. we have a raccoon that visits often and our shepherd mix doggie works so hard to keep him away from the hens! Just goes to show we're at our best when we feel needed! Have a great weekend!

kpaints said...

I am thrilled to hear that your dog is hard at work to protect the chicks. I think my dog might do the same he is already acting that way. My first chicks are in the house but he houvers like crazy!

Renee said...

Good dog!!
Sweet little girls. :-)

Irina said...

Hello, I just found your blog and I'm loving it! We keep hens as well and our Bluebell is just like one of your girls.
I'll be popping in more often. Lovely photos and beautiful work, thank you!

essay paper said...

They are so lovely! How do you distinguish their sex? I need time to find it out...